Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve Prayer 2018

Dear God,
Thank You! I (we) made it through another year! It wasn't always easy. There were tears and heartbreak, and a whole basket full of good-byes! It was full of changes, some good, some bad, and some the jury is still out on. There was lots of laughter, how could there not be with the husband you have blessed me with.  There have been new memories, new friendships, old friendships restored and lots of love!  For these blessing I am truly grateful.  No matter what life threw at me, You got me through it.  Because of You I grew from and learned from every situation.  I am incredibly thankful for this!  But this year is almost over, and it is time to look forward. 

I am sure it will be a roller coaster as the years before have been. This year I ask You to help me remember, I AM LOVED! You have made me beautiful, strong, smart, creative, kind and loving.  I do not always see those traits. Help them to remain clear. Help me to remember that life is a thousand times better when You, my Savior, are at the center.  You love me strongly and deeply no matter my circumstances. You, my loving Father, provide endless opportunities.  Give me courage to take the paths You show me.  Don't let the fear of failure hold me in a prison of inactivity.  Lead me out of my comfort zone and into Your glorious adventure. Help me to step out of the fear of being hurt and open myself to new relationships.  Help me to live in Your moments even if they look like obstacles or diversions from my plan.  Fully immerse my life in You!  Lord please block negativity from my soul, from others and from within. 

Give me wisdom to know when to step away from things that make me unhealthy, both physically and spiritually. Give me the knowledge that you take care of me in every way. Help me to reach out to others with Your love.  Life is too short not to know Your love!  People I know and love may not have a tomorrow and they need to know that You love them. Remind me daily how important this is!  Lastly Lord, help me to understand Your love for this fallen world.  It is so beautiful in Your sight, help me to mimic that love. No matter what I see on the news, no matter what happens to my family, no matter what happens to me. I AM LOVED! THE WORLD IS LOVED! I need to always remember this. Oh Lord, do I need to be reminded, sometimes constantly!  I know that in 2019 You will be with me, while I grow and learn and discover who You have made me to be. With You by my side, I (we) can do all things!
                                                                               Your daughter,
                                                                                         Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment